Tuesday, June 3, 2014

MapleStory Post "Adventurer's Quest"

Get ready for most longest post I have ever done. I think xD

Now I'm sure most of you have already done this since everyone wanted the emblem at the end of the chain quest. I was more interested in the story line of how the adventurers were a part of the whole black mage thingy. Of course, I wanted the emblem too. Don't get me wrong. The story was the part that interest me the most. 
So you start off with a light bulb on your head.
From Cassandra!
 She tells you some stuff about Maple and crap.
I apologize before hand because I completed the quest like over a month ago but I was kinda busy the post kept delaying till now. I remember some stuff but hopefully all of them are accurate :x
Back to the point lol
Cassandra gives you a MapleStory Adventurer's Book which I think for each job the book differs in colour and shape. So warrior, magician, archer, and pirate would get different books then mine.
So you start off with a blank book with a Maple Leaf.
Most of the quest starts from the initiation from the book. So if your kinda blur what to do next, always refer back to the Adventurer book.

I'll talk more about the story line in another post perhaps when I have the time. For now its mostly some pictures about the whole journey itself
So I was also told that the NPC or other adventurers you meet differs from job depending on what job you are. I'm a Shadower (Thief) so the other 4 NPC you meet will be the other remaining 4 jobs of MapleStory. Of course since this is Adventurer's Quest.
There are some parts of the Story that really made me laugh xD
So it comes to one part of the Quest where you actually find the sealed Black Mage
Even the door looks exactly the same as you entered as Demon Slayer/Demon Avenger opening where you stand off against Arkarium at the door and soon later confront the Black Mage himself only to be defeated in vain and losing your powers (as usualy, if not you'll start off as lv 200 lol)
I also heard through 1 of the hero's story quest where the heroes only managed to succeed in sealing the Black Mage as he was actually weakened by Demon Slayer himself. Poor Demon didn't get credit xD
True enough you see him in the same throne. Exactly the same as the beginning of Luminous Hero, If you have started a Luminous yourself. He was the last hero to be released. So when you start, you actually get to see each and every hero in the attempts to seal the Black Mage. I did create every single character but I'm not sure how the story is. I'll try to remember :x
Aran - Aran held off the mobs entering the Time Temple to ensure no other disturbance would interfere the other heroes when they attempt to seal the Black Mage
Phantom - I'm kinda blur what he did during the entire thing ._. He left for Erev to protect Aria? Only to fail? And steal the Cygnus Gem to protect it until the next successor came? But I know he was also frozen, making it only a beginning lvl phantom when you started. I'm not sure haha
Evan and Mercedes - They were heavily injured upon you entering the Black Mage's Throne. Mercedes was out cold and Afrien (if you know the story of Evan) guide you on the steps to seal the Black Mage
Demon Slayer - He was there too, unconscious. Makes sense as he was also rebelling against him

And The Final Hero Luminous!
Who managed to seal the Black Mage himself at the cost of darkness consuming him as well. Thats why he has a Dark and Light side. The Light originally from him and Dark which came from the Black Mage himself.
Well enough about the Hero's stuff.
Upon entering, you realised that 1 of the seal stone was broken and the seal was becoming weaker. You progress through the story to find another Seal Stone to strengthen back the seal.
Sadly, your attempt to strengthen the seal was futile as the Black Mage himself woke up, intimidating you, as he unleashed his powers and broke the seal that took the 5 heroes + Demon Slayer (let's not forget him shall we lol).
He talks about the whole Maple World shall pay and leaved the place
Only to find out.....
That the Black Mage struck Maple Island. The beginning of all Adventurers.
I was a bit surprised about the new Maple Island layout only to be answered when I started my own Adventurer later on due to the extra character slot expansion xD
So the whole attack on Maple Island was to scare off beginners that will advance to specific jobs that are against the Black Mage. His attempting to destroy the source of Adventurers POWAAAAA.
So they split up to find the 5 heroes once again as somehow they knew they were back in the Maple World training and preparing for the upcoming fight against the Black Mage again (somehow sounds familiar)
They split up according to their classes but since there was no Pirate Hero back in the day, the NPC pirate job said he would search for Luminous instead.
Thief class would obviously look for the Great Phantom thief.

And what better place to start then the place he had a crush on Aria XD
So you do something ridiculous and set a banner on a bridge nearby Empress Cygnus resting place in hopes to find the great Phantom which soars in the sky with his almighty ship.
Sure enough he shows himself
Talks a bit.
Steals your skills F3
Then says you have to rebuild Maple Island on your own since the only 1 that knows how to operate the Seal Stone is Afriend, and he is long goneeeeeeeee.
So you head back to Maple Island to tell the other adventurers of what you heard. As usually, they say to never give up. Who needs the Seal Stone when we can help Maple Island by ourself?
As you start by helping the village, putting out the fire, taking care of the Maple Tree. Ironically, where you start as you create a new Adventurer (lol)

As you head back to help the other adventurers, you heard a cry
It was a part of the Black Mage! :O
The NPC expressions are funny though.
Anyways, they say that your attacks don't do any effect on it.
As they move you to another map, All your hits do only 1 dmg to it. They say you can't kill it so after 30 seconds, you'll be automatically moved to another cutscene. Since I had Shadow Partner + Carnival Edge (16 hits) His life was half by the time the timer ran out. Hahaha
Seem Familiar?
Maple Warrior!
It is shown that it did a "Maple Warrior buff" to you.
The other NPC also attempted to buff you by showing off their animated buffs like Sharp Eyes for Bowmaster, Speed Infusion for Viper, Combat Order? I think? for Paladin and Meditation from the Magician.
Then, It's the Final Showdown!
Funny how it died with 1 Assassinate. lol
It was stated she was the spirit of Maple Island and thats how you get the skill Maple Warrior.
True enough she appears behind you when you use the skill
And your United Strength had miraculously had created another Seal Stone that would Maple Island the way it was.
Its a Seal Stone Of Maple Island! :O
One Click and Maple Island is back to usual. Hahaha
It also appears that Sunny was the spirit of the Maple Island thats how she called the other adventurers to help. There was also 1 point of the Quest where she would care more for the Maple Tree that her own self.
That Concludes the Quest!
Yeah, Its kinda short when you can fly everywhere and complete it within hours
You can find Sunny by the Maple Tree after you finish the quest.
Side Note, If you start a new Adventurer, You'll also see Sunny by the Maple Tree as well. Only this time, She doesn't talk to you and runs away xD
It's been what you have been waiting for....
Gold Maple Leaf Emblem!
Whoots!
Potential!
Stamp! hahaha. I gotten the stamp from the fragments of Red Cube which I used earlier on and the stats on my equipment on the earlier post. The stats were actually not bad for a first reveal. It actually help my range without me spending on any cubes for a start.
Though I wonder when and will I cube this emblem D:
It's gonna make me start spending more on cubes.... AGAIN

Well!
I guess this is all for me about the quest overall. Though some parts are quite funny, It was ok I guess. They should have made a classical cut scene where you try and attempt to fight the Black Mage after he was released only to fail very horribly and wake up in Kerning City Hospital (HAHAHAHA) being rescued by Kao ( if you know what I mean)
That would really bring a whole new twist to the story and really interest me more to the quest.

If I have time, I'll try and update again on another part of the Adventurer Book.
That is, if I have time. There's so much work to do :x

5 comments:

  1. WTF WHERE IS LUMI THE FINAL HERO AT !?!?!? I searched every website BUT IT DOESNT SHOW WHERE HE IS FOR PIRATE RAGEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo do you know how to get back the adventurer's book after giving it to sugar and leaving the page lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went through the entire storyline with another character. It is possible to obtain the adventurer's book back again after talking to sugar back

      Delete
  3. do u know how to get the return to maple island skill?
    stuck at that, no quest for it. only asked to find mr kun at lis port

    ReplyDelete