Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sports Day S.O.P.

Sports Day!
Whuuuu
It was really a fun event, not to mention healthy as well xD
The participants were divided into groups of 4. The 4 colors, blue green yellow and red. We were told to wear the colour of our house to be easily distinguished but for those who didn't, small colour papers with pins were provided to be pin at the sleeves.
There were multiple events which would help you gather points for your house to compete for the grand prize of medals. Huhu
(Sounds like hogwarts)
The number of people that turned up was not such a bad amount. However, for the house I was in apparently (blue) there were less people compared to the other houses.
But that did not stop our sportsmanship conquest to get at least 3rd place!
There were few number of activity that started with a marathon run which was around 2km run around the campus. Points were given differently from 1st to 3rd, 4th to 10th and 10th till respectively. So being present and running actually does contribute to your points alrdy.
As I was running in, they didn't really tell your position as you finish, but I heard someone saying I was the 14th.
Better then nothing I suppose? I didn't really jogged for the past few months xD
If I were though, I would be happy being the top 10th
Lunch, breakfast and constant supply of water were provided through the event. Multiple committee members were also there to assist in any form of injury of miscommunication .
Next up was captain ball!
Please forgive me if the picture doesn't match up xD. I can't really be playing and taking pictures at the same time can I?
So captain ball will quite similar to netball but was changed a little. Instead of shooting through hoops. A member of your team (captain) will be standing on a chair and will act as the goal post. So passing the ball to him will score you a point in the match.
When you grab the ball, you can only pass to your team and cannot move.
So it is quite simple, but team got destroyed xD
Even more so during the next event which was dodgeball.
I think dodgeball is pretty universal and everyone knows what it is?
It basically starts with everyone at their lines, running forward to get their balls in the middle lines. Any ball that hits you in your court and you are eliminated.
However, any ball that touches the ground before you is a dead ball and won't eliminate you. If you manage to catch a ball, the person who threw it is out and 1 of your friend gets to come back in.
The problem with my team was,
1. I sprain my ankle last week so I can't really just run in saying YOLOOOOO
2. The amount of guys in my house were little lowere compared to the other houses.
3. The lecturers on my house was outnumbered @.@

Nevertheless, it was very fun and entertaining.
There were a few other games that my house rent other team such as the station games. The multiple legged race timings, wrapping you're mummy friend and carrying it to the other sides, and the a balloon stepping game thingy?
And the last activity was running man which I'm sure most of you know as well.
Divided into seeker and hunter.
Seeker will hunt for 7 items in a location. 5 hunters will be released first followed by the remainder of the team after 10 minutes. All hunters will have to find 1 item in the location as well before starting to hunt the seeker by tearing off their name tag placed behind them. Hunters will also be given bells to be tied at their legs nice they start hunting so seekers can actually hear them before coming.
So the game end when all 7 items have been retrieved by the seeker or the hunter has caught all of the seekers
And I was the MVP! XD
Well not really.
I was just the last person to get the last item while the hunters were hunting. There will be a small zones where the seeker will be safe from the hunter as the seeker turns in the item they found.
My team was communicating via whatsapp so we could tell who was caught and who wasn't.
The last item was held by this rock apparently within our sights and we still didn't notice it. It was so scary when I was running during the hunt.
It was literally like a horror game where I could hear so many bells ringing across the corridor and then I suddenly see a figure at the stairs not moving and all the bell sound suddenly stopped. He took 1 step down and I heard a bell ringing.
And I ran for mah life xD
Sadly, my house was the last placing due to excessive losses on captain ball and dodge ball. Hahaha. And by reduced amount of members, we were outpoints even in marathon runs. Not to mention the top 10s were majority NOT my team xD
But it was a fun event.
Fun and healthy =P
My body is still aching from this event. I seriously did a lot this day hahaha

Every team was given goodie packs I suppose?
And eventhough I didn't win any medals, I did manage to enjoy the entire morning and afternoon. I may not have a medal but I do have memories :D
Till next time, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment